Saturday 12 February 2011

Hello world, update from me, in Pushkar, India

Hello world, I am still alive and well in Pushkar, India.
Been having wi-fi issues & hate using other peoples computers & internet cafes but i have finally given in. Also, bad men tried to use my credit card details so it has been canceled
I am being bailed out as usual...(thank you!)
Pushkar is amazing though, I love it I think I might not bother moving into the Amber Fort in Jaipur
(as i mentioned in a recent facebook update for those of you who don't chase me around in cyberspace and this was before I disappeared and had the longest time away from a computer in around ten years)
anyway, there is a nice looking palace type building I have my eye on, perfect for my rein as Emperor.
Having decided Jaipur was a little too big and noisy I opted for Pushkar, a much smaller Empire, still fairly noisy but mostly just dogs barking and the odd bell ringing. The property is much more modern and smaller than Amber Fort too and needs a lot less work structurally. I got the welcome to India sickness the other day but fought it off with magic bottled water and Olympic bathroom technique...this is a nice way of putting it!
I am really enjoying the Odissi dance course at Colleena Shakti's school, it is very very demanding but the hard work is so worth it! I feel like a total beginner again which is a very strange feeling as I am used to being a teacher but i suppose it is good for me to be in that position again. It is an incredible thing to study though and I really can't describe it in words so I won't even try to. The girls on the course are all super lovely and we are all practicing together and helping each other to learn. I am very excited to be performing at the temple dance festival on the 28th Jan. If any one is in Rajasthan, get on a bus to Pushkar and come along, It is totally free and will be an amazing show!!!
(see how I plugged the show there, hehe)
Lastly, I just need to mention my next ATS class term will be happening again when I return at the end of March. If anyone is interested in signing up for the next Tribal Basics and Beyond Tribal Basics, info is on the website and please tell all your friends and direct them to
www.nottinghamtribalbellydance.co.uk
Right, I am off to go watch some Kalbelia gypsy dancing at another hotel so signing off again now.

Love and Monkeys from
The very small but very easy to move around, brand new up and coming Emperor of Pushkar
(good title yes?)






No comments:

Post a Comment